Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts Dance Repertory Company II Presents Animals on Parade on December 7 & 8! Several Bluffview students will be dancing as well! Click below for more information.
Picture by Nathaniel Kammerer
Winona Area Toys for Kids has 140 toy donation barrels out in the community this year. One is located right inside the front door here at Bluffview. Last year, Winona Area Toys for Kids provided toys to 900 children from 350 families, serving Winona, Lewiston and the Wisconsin communities of Cochrane, Fountain City and Buffalo City. Please help make this holiday season a bit happier for area children who could use a little more to be thankful for by donating a new, unwrapped toy by December 6.
Join us for our Happy Harvest Celebration on Wednesday, November 27, from 1:00-2:00 pm. Families are invited to pick up their child/children from their classrooms, and choose some of the many community service projects being completed in each of the classrooms. Treats are also available in the Community Room. Please sign your child/children out from each of the classrooms. Community Service Projects include:
- Children’s House 1 – Hot Cocoa care packages for local firefighters
- Children’s House 2 – Appreciation bags for police officers
- Children’s House 3 – “Snowmen Popcorn” for Winona County Highway Department
- E1A – Care Packages for Homeless – taken to warming center
- E1B – Operation Gratitude – Letters to service people
- E1C – scarves and holiday cards for Planned Humanity and area foster families
- E2A – “Beaded Ornaments” for children at Semcac HeadStart program
- E2B – “Rudolph Treats” for residents at nursing home
- E2C – “You’re A Lifesaver” for Winona Ambulance Service
- Erdkinder – Kindness Rocks
- Community Room – Enjoy a small snack and beverage
Children’s House 3 read the book “Barn Savers” for our November virtue of stewardship. Our follow up activity was making something new out of old, unwanted wood. We saved wood from the garbage and made a frame for our classroom. We had amazing help from Mr. Andy! CH3 will use the new frame to hang some of our classroom works on.